Handling Life Issues One Bite at a Time

I've said this before, but I struggle with sharing personal things. This blog is all about being up close and personal, and that's something I need to overcome. 

So let's get personal, shall we?

My girlfriend's car got repossessed in the early hours of Sunday morning while we sat up watching the X-Files. Our entire family -- the both of us and my husband -- rely on this car to go anywhere (to work, to the grocery store, and so on). It's our family's only car.

At the time of the repossession, the payment was two days behind, and all other payments had been made in full and on time. It's apparent that the dealership is doing their end-of-year accounting.

The dealership we're working with wasn't open on Sunday, leaving us an entire day to panic and stew about the car before we could contact them on Monday morning (this morning). When we called at 10 a.m. (when they opened), we were told that the person who deals with recoveries wouldn't be available until 11 a.m.

My girlfriend called at 11 a.m. and was told that they are busier than normal this morning and that her name had been added to a list, which they would call in order. 

Some research I've done indicates that the fees to recover the car for us are going to be in the vicinity of $750 we cannot currently afford to pay. We've asked for a lot of help from friends and family because my husband lost his job back in October (and is now working again) and my girlfriend lost her job in December, two weeks before Christmas (and is anticipating a call from a likely employer today).

I have a tough time handling life issues such as this. My family has struggled with financial trouble due to poor choices of our own and we had thought that we were past this. Unfortunately they just keep coming.

It's important for me to bite off only what I can chew, but life keeps feeding me more than I can handle at one time. I'm dealing with this issue before I move on to the next.

I want to allow my readers to get to know me as a person and not see me as an expert. I'm an expert at a few things, but weight loss and body image are things I'm sharing with you as I learn about them. This blog is about my journey, and the things that encompasses -- including life issues such as this one. 

My main purpose here is to talk to you about weight loss, but of course that will also include things like recipes, mental health topics, matters of faith (I'm reverting to the pagan path I was on for most of my life, and it's taking some doing to get there again!) and family, writing, holidays, and pets. 

If you don't want to read about MY journey and get to know me, then I apologize: I'd rather speak to you from a personal perspective than dump information on you that I've gathered from various sites (which you could do yourself).

I'll be posting more regularly after this, partially in my attempt to handle things a little bit at a time. 

Thank you for reading! If you can help us out with our car situation, I've set up a GoFundMe page here: Help Michelle Get Her Car Back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment